Tuesday, August 28, 2012

WEEK 8 BOC: Progress in finding a lawyer


Before looking for random Las Vegas lawyers for the homework, I decided to start with lawyers I know, of which I know a few. There is Beth Brands, the lady on facebook that I play games with. There is Ward Skinner, who was the in-house lawyer for the worker's compensation insurance company that I used to work for and who also went to USC like I did. There is Ash Naraynan, an old family friend who I haven’t heard from in many years and I am not sure if he remembers me. And finally there is my cousin Amina, who passed law school and is studying for the bar exam. I figure she would know some lawyers if she doesn't quite qualify as a lawyer.
So I started contacting them. By chance, Beth was online on facebook when I contacted her in chat and she immediately agreed to help with my assignment. Beth is a lawyer in Iowa. I will use her for the assignment. As a backup, I sent a linked in request to Ward, but haven’t heard back from him. And I plan to see Amina this weekend to discuss this with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment